The founder of Canvas Candle Co, Caylen, is one of those people who recharge by being in nature. Whether it’s a drive on a sunny day, or hiking somewhere in the local mountains, Caylen uses her environment to fill up her cup. In her words, “there’s nothing like fresh air and the earth beneath your feet to ground yourself back in the present moment”.
Because of this connection to the environment, Caylen set out to create a candle brand that was safe for the people who enjoy it and the environment.
We don’t talk a lot about what goes into the decisions behind the scenes, but here are a few that we are proud to say reduces our negative impact on the environment:
- Soy candles
- Soy wax is a renewable, biodegradable resource. You can burn easy knowing that all Canvas Candles are 100% soy wax.
- Phthalates free fragrances
- Fragrances that contain phthalates are known to create a risk to human reproductive health, but this also goes for animals. We sometimes don’t realize that what we are burning in our space can affect more than just us. We figure life’s complicated enough; let’s just keep it simple where we can. That’s why all Canvas Candles are phthalate-free.
- Cork tops
- Cork is 100% eco-friendly because it is renewable, recyclable and natural. Cork is made from the bark of the cork oak tree. Because this process does not damage the tree is it is a renewable and sustainable material.
- Recyclable Vessels
- We use only metal and glass vessels because we encourage our customers to reuse and recycle their used candle containers. Need some ideas? We have a blog on 10 ways to recycle and reuse candle vessels here.