Candle Scents are a Personal Choice.
A blend of our intuition, life experiences and personal preferences typically land us on a candle scent that we enjoy. While this is an excellent, proven method, there is another layer that we want to share with you.
At Canvas Candle Co, we use a blend of phthalate free fragrance and natural essential oils. You can learn more about why and how we use these ingredients in a previous post. For today, we want to explore the vast world that is aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is the use of plant and flower extracts (essential oils) in a therapeutic manner.
When we consider candle buying from a therapeutic perspective, we are looking to buy a candle with benefits beyond smelling good.
How to Choose Scents for Your Needs
- Stress, insomnia and fatigue
- Sister Sister Candle
- Anxiety, tension and fear
- Best Coast Candle
- Nausea, Stomach cramps and upset digestive system
- Fireside Candle
- Tension and stomach upset
- Slow Sunday Candle
- Stress, breathing disorders and can be used as an aphrodisiac
- Depression, stress and tension
- Woodland Candle
- Problems with the limbic and/or nervous system
- Vacay Candle
Aromatherapy has been around for centuries and while it is in no way a proven science or treatment, it has shown some promising results. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms above, talk to your doctor or medical professional.